We will be closed December 7 & 8th. December 06, 2019
BLACK TIE DAYS 2019 INFO November 25, 2019
What Compounds to Look for in a CBD Lab Report?
Before we take a look at the actual reports, let’s go over some of the main compounds that a lab report might produce for a full-spectrum CBD oil.
(We’ll note the “good” ingredients with a (*) and the “bad” ingredients – the ones you don’t want to see in your CBD oil – with a (^).
* *CBD. Duh, right? Obviously, the main chemical compound that you want to look for in the third part lab report is the rockstar itself, CBD (which is sometimes listed by its scientific name cannabidiol).
* Other cannabinoids. CBD itself is a cannabinoid, but it’s far from the only one present in the cannabis or hemp plant. Other cannabinoids to look for in third part lab reports are *CBC, ^THC, *THCA, *CBG, *CBDA, and *CBN. (Of course, though, if you’re looking for a CBD oil that doesn’t produce a high, you’ll want to make sure it has zero THC). *Also, be advised that many reports won’t list the full cannabinoid profile. So if you don’t see CBC, THCA, CBG, CBDA, or CBN listed on the report, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad CBD oil, it just means the other cannabinoids didn’t show up on the chromatograph.*
* ^Pesticides, herbicides, growth hormones, and fertilizers. In case you need any clarification, you do NOT want to see any pesticides, herbicides, growth hormones, or fertilizers show up in the third party lab report. The best CBD oils will be 100% free of any of these potentially harmful byproducts.
* ^Microbes. The term “microbe” in itself is very vague, as there are millions of different species of microbial organisms out there, both good and bad. In general, though, you don’t want any living organisms present in your CBD oil. So if microbes show up in the third party lab report, your best bet is to steer clear.
* ^Chemical solvents. This is a major one to keep an eye out for. If the lab report lists ANY form of glycols – especially polyethylene glycol (PEG) or propylene glycol (PG), stay far, far away. These are chemical solvents that can break down into carcinogenic (cancer-causing) aldehydes such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde.
All #BlackTieCBD third-party lab reports are available on our site for your convenience.
- 3RD PARTY LAB REPORTS, Benefits, Black Tie CBD, CANNABIS, CBD, CBD Education, CBD Flowers, CBD Oil, CBD Tincture, HEALTHY, HEMP BENEFITS, Hemp Education, HEMP FLOWERS, HEMP OIL, LAB REPORTS, News, TESTED