In the cannabis world, moon rocks are like top-notch caviar: pricey, high-quality, and an exceptionally special experience. Our Asteroids are similar to moon rocks, except that they’re made with hemp, not cannabis. This means that, while smoking moon rocks get you super-duper high, Asteroids are extremely relaxing and potentially sedating. So, what are moon rocks weed, and Asteroids?
Great as an occasional treat, Asteroids are a unique hemp product that contains a high percentage of CBD and an interesting terpene profile. They’re perfect for hemp connoisseurs who’d like a more potent experience.
Here’s what you need to know about Asteroids, and how they differ from moon rocks.
What are moon rocks?
Moon rocks are powerful little nuggets of cannabis, brimming with cannabinoids and terpenes. Essentially, they are cannabis buds that are covered in the distillate, which is a sticky substance made of concentrated cannabis oil that is incredibly potent.
Smoking moon rocks weed
After the sticky stuff is on the cannabis bud, the bud is then dusted with kief - those tiny, sticky bits of resin that are found all over a cannabis flower. Because the resin is where most of the cannabinoids and terpenes are found, kief is effective, aromatic, and flavorful.
What you have then is a cannabis bud covered with a layer of distillate and then a layer of kief, giving you an extremely potent, highly concentrated dose of cannabinoids and terpenes. Leafly estimates that most moon rocks are around 50 percent THC, while a normal, strong bud is between 17 and 28 percent THC.
As you can imagine, moon rocks are quite pricey - but a small amount goes a long way, so it works out to be cost-effective for many buyers to buy moon rocks as they’ll only use a tiny amount at a time.
What sets Black Tie CBD’s Asteroids apart from moon rocks?
We’ve taken the much-loved moon rock and improved on it to create our one-of-a-kind Asteroids. While Asteroids are structurally the same as moon rocks, they produce a very different effect.
Instead of cannabis flower and cannabis-based distillate and kief, we make Asteroids from hemp-based ingredients, creating a non-intoxicating, low THC version of moon rocks. This means that Asteroids are low in THC and high in CBD. You will like smoking moon rocks Asteroid because the light smoke moon rocks will have new sensations.
When creating Asteroids strain, we took care to avoid certain problems that usually pop up with moon rocks. There are two major problems with combining distillate and rolled in kief on a bud. Firstly, the concentrate unlike kief (distillate) sometimes seeps into the bud and loses its ability to properly bind the kief to the bud, and the kief falls off before it even reaches the customer. Secondly, after a week or two, the kief and oil mix and create black-looking spots on the exterior, which are less than appealing. Since few people smoke moon rocks weed as an everyday event, chances are the rocks moon will start spotting before you use it up.
Our cannabis flower Asteroids do not include typical cannabis distillate or hash oil. Instead, we use a binding hash oil agent that we call Iso-Glue. Iso-Glue is CBD Isolate that has been slowly heated so that it becomes sticky. We liberally coat the hemp buds in Iso-Glue. Once the buds are sufficiently coated, we hand-pack the buds with CBD kief. Once the Iso-Glue cools off, it hardens to create a layer of crystalized isolate, binding the kief to the weed flower.
Our most recent batch of cannabis products Asteroids are made with quality Chem Dawg hemp flowers that are coated in Iso-Glue and and then hand packed with Blueberry Pie kief. Cannabis bud Chem Dawg is a great weed strain for relaxing and socializing, and weed bud has notes of hops, cinnamon, pine, wood, and chamomile. Blueberry Pie is also used for relaxation and reportedly for pain management.
Overall, our cannabis smoke flower Asteroids have dominant aromas and substantial effects. The certificate of analysis, compiled by an independent, third-party lab, notes that the makeup of Asteroids cannabis products is not high THC Δ9 0.29% and 32.92% Total CBD.
In short, Asteroids are different from moon rocks weed because:
- Asteroids are high in CBD and low in THC. This means that the asteroids cannabis will not be intoxicating, although it will likely make you feel relaxed and perhaps sleepy.
- Asteroids flower are a little less sticky than normal moon rocks, as the Iso-Glue dries and hardens while distillate does not.
- As CBD is often used for medicinal purposes, Asteroids might be a better choice than moon rocks for people looking for those benefits.
- While black spots appear on moon rocks after a while, they will not appear on our Asteroids.
- Medical Kief often falls off moon rocks, but it binds far better on the Asteroids because of the Iso-Glue.
Whether you choose Asteroids or smoke moon rocks is up to you. It depends entirely on how you want to feel and what you want out of the experience. If you live in a legal state, you can always opt for both!
How will Asteroids affect my body?
As with all hemp products, the effects of Asteroids differ from person to person. Generally, people use smock Asteroids to relax after smoking join. It has a very sedating effect and can be used to help you fall asleep.
People who regularly use cannabis for medical reasons and want a high dosage of CBD might enjoy the potency of the Asteroids. Some people might use to soothe anxiety, while others might use it for pain relief.
Because Asteroids contain some THC, you might feel that it produces a minute high feeling. However, unless you smoke a large amount of it, you shouldn’t feel very high.
How do I use Asteroids?
As with moon rocks, Asteroids are smoked. You can break it up, just like any other flower, and smoke it in the form of a joint, pipe, bong, or vape.
Usually, it takes 2-15 minutes for the effects to fully kick in. Many people often experience the effects for several hours, which makes it a popular aid for sleep. It is possible that you’ll feel groggy the next day. For that reason, you should clear some time out of your schedule if you want to try it for the first time.
Tips for smoking Asteroids for the first time
New to smoking Asteroids? Here are a few ways to make the most of your experience.
- Choose a safe, comfortable place to smoke in. There is always a risk of being uncomfortable or sleepy, so it’s best to do it in a place like your home. If possible, there will be no loud distractions (like a roommate having a party) or annoying intrusions (like someone bugging you to run an errand). You want to be able to chill and enjoy the effects.
- Block out enough time. Because you might be very sleepy, even the next morning, it’s a good idea to have the evening and morning to yourself. This way, you can sleep in and allow yourself plenty of time to relax.
- Keep comforts on hand. You can’t be sure exactly how Asteroids will affect you until you try them, but you could try to anticipate what you will need. That way, you’re not running around and looking for things when you’re meant to be relaxing. If you’re chilling, you might want your favorite snacks, a relaxing playlist, a bottle of water, some cozy blankets, and a laptop ready for Netflix or video games. If you’re smoking to get creative, keep your art supplies or journal nearby.
- Start with a small amount. It bears repeating: Asteroids are extremely strong and all you need is a tiny bit to get high. Once you’ve had a small amount, wait at least half an hour for the effects to kick in. If you want a more potent effect, you can have a little bit more.
If you’re looking for a great treat, a potent dose of CBD, or a unique gift for a hemp enthusiast, Asteroids are a great choice. With a high percentage of cannabinoids and a pleasant terpene profile, they’re fantastic for occasional use, whether recreational or health-related.
What are moon rocks weed?
The moon rocks weed is a THC megazord. It's basically cannabis buds dipped or sprayed with hash oil, then rolled in kief. The primary benefit of moon rocks is their high concentration of THC, which averages over 50%. Despite moon rocks' relatively newness, the market already has a variety of them, including hemp varieties high in CBD and those without THC.
How to smoke moon rocks weed?
The moon rocks weed aren't complex, but smoking them requires a little more work than smoking flowers. It is not possible to roll a joint with smoke moon rocks because they're too sticky. Grinding the moon rocks will significantly clog up your grinder and all of the kief coating will likely be removed. In addition, the dense texture of this flower requires holding a flame to the bowl for longer than you would with a dry flower. It is better to use hemp wick rather than inhale the butane from a lighter.
What type of weed are those moon rocks weed?
Girl Scout Cookies was the first strain which moon rocks used. There are many strains of moon rocks available today. It is even possible to make your own. You can choose quality buds of either Sativa, Indica, or a blend of the two. The buds are then sprayed/dipped in pure hash oil and then infused with kief. There are no additives or fillers in moon rocks weed.
How potent are moon rocks weed?
There is no doubt that moon rocks weed contains a large percentage of THC. The majority of moon rocks contain more than 50% THC since they combine flower and two concentrates. Since each type of product has its own potency, there is wide variation between products when it comes to potency. Moon rocks are also usually coated with several layers of concentrated concentrate, making them powerful. First-time smokers should avoid a bowl of moon rocks because of their potency.