As a CBD connoisseur, you may be looking for new ways to cook with CBD flower. Cooking with CBD flower is easy and can be a fun way to incorporate CBD into the foods you already love! Use these recipes for inspiration on what to cook with CBD flower so you can enjoy your food even more.
Prep Steps for All CBD Flower Recipes
There are a few preparatory steps to take before cooking with CBD flower, no matter what you’re making. First, always prepare the cooking area and make sure that the kitchen has a working exhaust fan. You’ll be cooking with and decarboxylating CBD flower after all, so the aroma could be a lot to handle for some. Once you’ve verified this, you can move onto decarboxylation.
Decarboxylation involves activating the compounds naturally present in cannabis flowers. The heat involved in decarboxylation helps break down the carbon bonds. To decarboxylate the buds of CBD flower for cooking, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 225 °F
- Break 1/8 to ¼ oz of the CBD flower into small chunks
- Spread the CBD flower a cookie sheet
- Bake the CBD flower in the oven for 45 minutes
- Let the CBD flower cool for 20 minutes after removing from oven
Recipes for Cooking with CBD Flower
CBD Brownies with Cannabutter
Brownies are a go-to in any CBD lover’s diet, but how you make them makes all the difference. You can either add ground-up CBD flower to your brownie batter before you put the brownies in the oven, or you could CBD flower into CBD oil to make cannabutter.
Follow these steps to make cannabutter:
- Decarboxylate the CBD flower (see above).
- Grind decarbed CBD flower to melted butter.
- Simmer the mixture on low heat between 160 °F and 200 °F. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Once the cannabutter cools, strain it by pouring it over a funnel in a jar lined with cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate the cannabutter and use as you would regular butter in brownie mix.
CBD Flower Pancakes
Similar to CBD Brownies, cooking with CBD flower for pancakes can take shape in the form of using CBD oil or sprinkling decarboxylated CBD flower into the pancake batter directly. If you choose the latter, follow these steps:
- Using a large bowl, sift 1 ½ c all-purpose flour, 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon white sugar, and ¼ oz ground, decarboxylated CBD flower together.
- Pour 1 ¼ c milk, 1 egg, and 3 tablespoons melted butter (and/or cannabutter) in the center.
- Mix until smooth.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with oil and set it to medium-high heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup pancake batter onto pan.
- Flip once the sides start to brown.
** note: If you taste the hemp after trying the first pancake and would prefer not to, add chocolate chips to mask the flavor.
CBD Flower Salad Dressing
Now for something savory: CBD Tomato Vinaigrette. Consider this CBD flower salad dressing a different way to get in your greens while cooking with CBD.
First, you’ll need to make CBD-infused olive oil. To do so, add just less than 1 tsp of CBD-rich decarboxylated CBD flower to 1 c of olive oil. Stir thoroughly. Then use the CBD-infused olive oil in the following recipe for a CBD Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- 1 c CBD-infused olive oil
- 3 tbsp regular olive oil
- ½ c red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place regular olive oil, tomatoes in large sauté pan and set to high heat.
- Let tomatoes redden until they blister.
- Turn off heat, allow to cool, and blend in blender with red wine vinegar.
- Add mustard and slowly drizzle in CBD-infused olive oil slowly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bon Appetit!
Not quite sure you want to try the DIY method of cooking with CBD flower? Consider pre-made CBD edibles instead. Find all your CBD when you shop with BlackTieCBD.net